Saturday 3 December 2011

Why not?


Did you already put up your TREE ?  It's my favorite time of the year. I love aroma of Evergreen.  My first Christmas in Canada, I was in Banff, AB.  My lovely host family kindly planned taking me to the forest near Canmore for cutting a tree.  That event made me feel real Canadian Holiday spirit.  I always remember that beautiful Rocky Mountains and smell of forest with warm smiles of my host family..

When  "upside down Christmas tree" was introduced in magazine, I wasn't sure I like that idea.  As a Nature loving person, I felt so bad for trees(!).....but many people loved that different look!  O.K., perhaps from  designer's point of view, I could live with it.   Then, I thought what if Holiday wreath was not made in "circle" but "square"..I would say...Why not?

But I didn't want to be disrespectful to real meaning of WREATH   Let's see what Mr. Wiki says.....

The Advent wreath is constructed of evergreens to represent everlasting life brought through Jesus and the circular shape of the wreath represents God, with no beginning and no end. The Advent wreath is now a popular symbol in preparation for the coming of Christ, to mark the beginning of the Christian Church’s year and as décor during the Christmas festivities.                Click here for more info: wikipedia/Wreath


Well, "Square" doesn't have "beginning" or "end" either.... it's acceptable, isn't it?
Here's my "Square" Wreath.....with some Silver Eucalyptus.

It's very simple and not too Christmasy, so could stay on the wall until New Year?







This is cute colour combination, White, Silver & Chocolate.  White Faux fur bow looks very
wintery.








And I really liked this Burgundy, White & Silver
Combination.

Which one is your favorite?








No comments:

Post a Comment